This church probably began life in the early medieval period, and was remodelled around 1300 when the south chapel was added. In the 14th century a south aisle was added, and the tower was rebuilt in 1674, but a Norman window survies in the chancel. Inside there is a 13th century square font, a late medieval screen, and a number of monuments from the late medieval period, as well as a small unidentified tombstone or coffin lid that is thought to date to the 13th century. The church was fully restored twice in the late 19th century. The appearance of a double splayed circular window in the north chancel wall in 2006 may indicate a Late Saxon origin for the church..