Stained Glass of St Edmund Church, Downham Market Norfolk

St Edmund’s is located on a beautiful site, overlooking the town to the fens beyond.
Although the building underwent an extensive 19th- century restoration, a number of earlier features survive, including a 15th-century font, a lady chapel dating from c.1500 and an eight branch glass chandelier made c.1730.
Similarly although most of the glass was produced in the 19th century, the west window contains a collection of medieval fragments which were arranged during the restoration, including glass produced in the early 14th century. The 19th-century panels include work by leading workshops of the day, including Wm Morris & Co together with Heaton, Butler & Bayne.

For a downloadable and printable fact sheet click F for Fact sheet symbol

plan of church
Click the window icons for more information and to zoom into that window.