This church dates to the 15th and 19th centuries. The tower and elements of the chancel date to the 15th century. The nave was rebuilt and much of the rest of the building was restored during the 19th century, when a north chapel was also built. In the north chancel is a mural monument dated 1611 and dedicated to the Hovel family. In the north chapel are three big tombs to members of Ffolkes family.
West Tower Window (left)
Recorded as a Wilmhurst and Oliphant window from 1840-1850. Christ in centre light with St Peter and St Paul on either side. Panels below are "entombment", Suffer the Little Children" and "Resurrection"
Click/tap for Full page Zoomify view