The oldest parts of this small church are the nave and, inside it, the massive font, both of which are Norman. The chancel is 13th century. In about 1300, the north aisle running into the chancel was made into a chapel and the north and south doors added. After alterations in the 14th century, further extensive work took place in the 15th and 16th centuries, during which time the west tower was rebuilt by the Harsick family, whose coat of arms is set over the elegant west door. Over the same period, the north porch was added, the nave and chancel heightened and new windows and roofs put in place. .
Unusually, the church seems largely to have escaped restoration in the 19th century.