On 19th March 1981 the church was gutted by fire during ongoing restoration work on the church tower, leaving only the tower and the curtain walls. Most of the interior, including memorials and font, were destroyed.
The present furniture was designed and made in 2000 by John Barnard.
Incorporating large quantities of re-used Roman stone and tile, the main body of this church dates to about 1300 and its west tower is 15th century. There has been a church in Reedham since the 7th century, and the parish has one of the longest Christian traditions in Norfolk. The building was originally thatched but now has a pantile roof after the fire. Geophysical survey in 2013 may indicate an earlier church.