This church building is dominated by an impressive 100ft tower, which can trace its foundation back to 1479. It has fine proportions, with four stages defined by strong drip courses and angled buttresses. The west doorway has traceries and shields in the spandrels, whilst the canopied niches each side still contain original, though much repaired, figures.
Entry to the church is by way of the original 15th-century doors. Major interior features include: a large black marble memorial to the dead of 1914/18; a 15th-century font standing on a quatrefoiled step; and a brass in the centre of the chancel dedicated to Philip and Margery Bozard (1490).
One of the church's claims to fame is that the author Henry Rider Haggard, who lived nearby, is buried in the chancel, and so it is unsurprising that a window in the north aisle is dedicated to his memory. The remaining glass was mainly installed in the 19th century.