The earliest dateable parts of this church are from before 1300 but it is thought that parts of the chancel wall are considerably older than this. The tower arch, arcades and chancel arch were built between 1320 and 1340. The present layout of the church was established before 1500, although significant changes were made in the 15th century in Perpendicular style. Restorations also took place in the 19th and 20th century. There are some good wall paintings within the building including one of St George and the dragon.