Stained Glass of St Walstan church Bawburgh

Exterior view of Bawburgh church Norfolk

This lovely church still contains many reminders of its medieval past, when it was a centre for pilgrims worshipping at St Walstan’s shrine. Despite much decay in the early 17th century the  Saxo-Norman round tower remains today as does the chancel which was rebuilt in 1309. Although only remnants of stained glass can still be seen, it includes samples of both 14th and 15th century work produced by the Norwich School.
For a downloadable and printable fact sheet click F for Fact sheet symbol

plan of church
Click the window icons for more information and to zoom into that window.